Smiley face

Shehu Sani: I Would Have Been Governor of Kaduna But Buhari Made Me Step Down For El-Rufai

Senator Shehu Sani said he wanted to be Governor of Kaduna state but was made to step down because Malam Nasir El-Rufai was President Muhammadu Buhari’s choice candidate.


  1. Speaking to LEADERSHIP, Sani said ''For the first time, let me tell you some background issues in the political divide in Kaduna. I never intended to contest for the Senate; I wanted to contest for the governorship and I opened offices in Zaria, Kaduna and Kafanchan, and later there was pressure on me that I should step down. Politicians came to meet me; that I should step down and allow el-Rufai to contest because they said he was the favourite of the president.

    ''I did not have any gubernatorial candidate as far as I was concerned, and I now thrashed the candidate of el-Rufai and Isa Ashiru. The el-Rufai that won the gubernatorial ticket in Kaduna won it with 1,000 and something votes and I won one senatorial zone with 920 votes. In three senatorial zone he got 1,600; I alone got 920 votes.

    ''If I had contested the governorship, there was no way that I wouldn’t have emerged; it’s not possible. So I sacrificed that and I contested the Senate and I won. Reports going on in the media is on the surface.”
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment