Smiley face

NDIFREKE (Forget me not

NDIFREKE
(Forget me not)


She could dance till dawn
As if she was a pawn,
She was not crazy or mad,
But yearned for a father she never had.


So she danced her worries away,
Until the bright light of day.
Her ship was not tied to any man's door,
She was sultry and free and she was a Moor.


She could eat pear, cucumber and mangoes,
Dance to Etighi, Ekombi, Shoki and Tango.
I wanted her to stay as long as she pleased,
But she only stayed with me,as the breeze.


Her departure was like a part of me died,
I shoved all my manly feelings aside,
Her perfume still lingers
And her felinity ties me to her fingers.

The birds sing no more here,
Where they stay us no more near.


She was a distant memory
And her felicity cast a question mark
That lactates down my throat.
In the depth of her lonesome soul,
Home is on the highway,that is her mould.

Orok Otu Duke
Duke Town
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment